ISTE Advocacy for Education: Opportunities in Denver!
Advocacy in Education is so important..now more than ever. ISTE10 Denver has many opportunities to involve yourself for advocating for our customers....the KIDS!
Wanna know how?
The following is from Hilary Goldmann, ISTE’s Director of Government Affairs:
"Once again we have a dynamic line-up of advocacy activities at ISTE2010!! Thanks to all of you for your ideas, help, advice, support, guidance etc… Below is the line-up.
• ETAN Booth - Raffle prize is an interactive white board donated by SMART, Technologies. Michelle and Barack Obama will make a cardboard appearance again.
• Send a video letter to Congress – We will have flip cameras at the Advocacy Lounge and a script so attendees can send a video email to Congress.
• YouTube ISTE Advocacy Channel – We now have an ISTE Advocacy YouTube Channel! We will post video letters to Congress here and stream them at the Advocacy Lounge.
• Collecting success stories at the Advocacy Lounge Wiki
• Senators Bennet and Udall staff will visit ISTE 2010 for a tour of CO student showcases, exhibit hall and meeting with CO leaders.
• ABC’s of Advocacy – Sunday, 1-5, Hyatt Regency Centennial Ballroom. Thanks to Intel, Corp. and Apple Inc. for their generous support. We have room if you want to attend.
• Concurrent session, 6/28 11:00 CCC 301 – “The Obama Administration and the Future of Ed Tech”
So while you're in Denver..stop by and make a difference. YOUR voice needs to be heard and we can only shine a light on our future if we kindle it today! You are that spark!
Photo credit: advocacy graphic inspired by a photo by williamhartz
Hilart Goldmann photo from ISTE Blogre information.
Post a Comment