Tweet and Blog for Ed Tech May 12!
Funding for classroom technology is in jeopardy! We're calling on educators across the US to tweet and blog for education technology funding on Wednesday, May 12.
(this is my blog...sadly, Twitter is blocked at my school)
President Obama's budget for FY11 provides no direct funding for education technology programs. Instead, it zeros out the Enhancing Education Through Technology program, the only source of direct support for ed tech in many states and districts.
Congress doesn't have to agree to the President's budget recommendations.
Help your senator and representative understand what's at stake! On May 12 tweet, retweet, and blog your support for $500 million in FY11 ed tech funding. Mark the date on your social media calendar!
Watch the ISTE Connects blog and Twitter stream for more information on how educators can work with innovative tools to make our voices heard.
For more information, contact Hilary Goldmann (email@example.com), ISTE’s director of government affairs.
Let's go Peeps! Fly Tweet, Fly!
Sample short messages for Tweets and social networking from hilary goldmann:
- TomHarkin #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
- @DavidObey #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
- @ThadCochran #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
- @RepToddTiahrt #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
- Our schools need 21st century education, #EETT. Fund #edtech at $500 m
- No funding for #edtech? No prep for 21st century. Fund #EETT at $500m
- I support #edtech. I vote. Fund #EETT at $500m in 2011
- As a principal/teacher/parent I know our kids need #edtech skills. Fund #EETT at $500m
International Reader Shout-Out
My one friendly reader in the
Turks and Caicos Islands (TC)
What a Beautiful, beautiful island!
And If it's good enough for loony RHoOC Vicki Gunvalson and her wacky renewal of vows to her longstuffering angel of a husband Donn, it's good enough for me!