Summer Reading 2019
Where does the time fly? I can't believe it's that time of year again! Time to share our Summer
We Invite you to view & download the Middle School Summer Reading List Jpeg Page 1 and Page 2 or 2019SR_MSfinal- PDF
Thanks to our our A+ partner Librarians at the Howard County Library and two of our local HCPSS Middle School Teacher-Librarians we have created this Super Fun Reading List for all the kiddos in our district! (or the world!)
Visit our Howard County local Savage Branch Library & Hi Tech STEM Education Center this summer and FLIP over summer reading or flip over some amazing tech learning opportunities!
Murray Hill kids - If you read any of these books this summer, we would LOVE to hear what you thought in the comments! OR, if there's a book you read this summer that you love that's NOT on the list, even better! Maybe we can add it to next year's list! W00t!
Follow us on Instagram to see pics of kids being AWESOME every day in our library and throughout the school!
Also, if you take a picture of yourself reading this summer & tag me at @TheDaringLibrarian you'll get a prize! Also, please tag @HoCoLibrary to maybe get some extra SWAG! ;-)
From the Howard County Public Library, Our A+ Partner
Join us for Summer Reading KICKOFF on Saturday, June 1 from 10 am to 2 pm at HCLS Miller Branch!
- Activities in the Enchanted Garden include planting a sunflower and being a human sundial (weather permitting)
- Indoor activities include crafts for children, and encounters with moon rocks and other rocks from space borrowed from NASA
- Food trucks: Kona Ice and Say Cheese!
- 11 – 11:45 pm performance by The Milkshake Duo
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm fun with Eric Energy
ENROLL in Summer Reading Beginning June 1, 2019
Children, teens, and adults can participate! Enroll online from home or at any HCLS branch OR pick up a paper booklet at any branch.
- After you’ve enrolled online or picked up your Summer Reading booklet, log the books you read and mark off activities as you complete them.
- Mix and match any combination of 20 books read and/or activities completed
- For every book/activity you complete, you receive an entry into a branch and systemwide prize drawing for your age group.
Recommended Summer Reading Lists for the Whole Family!
- PreK Book List | printable
- K to Grade 1 Book List | printable
- Grades 2 – 3 Book List | printable
- Grades 4 – 5 Book List | printable
- Middle School Book List | printable
- High School Book List | printable
- Adult |
Here's a Tweet from my Library Media Supervisor & friend, Melissa! Squee!
Looking for additional resources? You can find this list on @TeachingBooks too! https://t.co/6I0tK2hWLO #hcpsslms— HCPSS Library Media (@hcpsslibmed) May 31, 2019
Details at hclibrary.org/hclssummer.